Tuna Casserole Freezer Meal Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup finely shredded tuna
- 16 oz. box of elbow noodles
- 1 batch of white sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- dash of onion salt
- dash of celery salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Make a simple white sauce by melting butter in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour over melted butter and whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Then add in chicken broth and whisk quickly together. Cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up. Add in tuna. Set white sauce aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl mix drained pasta, white sauce, tuna, mayonnaise, 1 cup cheese, and seasonings.
- Put into a 9 x 13 baking pan and add remaining 1 cup of cheese to the top. Bake for 30-45 minutes.