Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-large zucchini, do not squeeze excess liquid out)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (I used fat free)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips, divided (milk or semi-sweet, I prefer the semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×5 inch bread pan.
- In a medium-large bowl combine zucchini, greek yogurt, sugars, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared bread pan and bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out “dry” (it can have chocolate on it but shouldn’t be covered in wet batter).
- Allow to cool completely, then gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the bread and remove it from the pan. Melt the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and drizzle or spread on top of bread.
- Slice and serve or store in an airtight container for 4-5 days (at room temperature) or 5-10 days (chilled). If you want to store the bread to serve later, I recommend letting the drizzled chocolate cool completely (10-20 mins) before transferring to an airtight container.