Stuffed Shells Recipe
- ½ box of jumbo shell pasta (about 20 shells)
- 25 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 2 T. water
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 t. fresh basil (dried will work, too)
- 2 t. fresh parsley (dried will work, too)
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by lightly spraying with non-stick spray. Add about half the jar of prepared sauce and 2 T. of water to the bottom of the pan. Stir around until the bottom of the pan is coated.
- Cook the shell pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl combined the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, basil, parsley. Mix well.
- Drain the shell pasta and run under cool water. Once cooled, fill each shell with cheese mixture. Place each shell seam side down in the prepared 9×13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over the shells and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350˚ for 35 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned.