Stuffed Jalapeño’s Recipe
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- 12 Med.-Large Jalapenos
- 1 (8 oz.) brick of Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Shredded Mexican Four Cheese Blend, or 1 Cup of your favorite cheeses, shredded
- 12 Strips Thinly Cut Bacon
- Stem your jalapenos and half them length wise, on the curve, so that your half pieces will lay open side up with out tipping over. Remove seeds and veins. Rinse well and set on a paper towel to dry.
- In a small mixing bowl, with a fork, blend your shredded cheeses and cream cheese together.
- Press 1-1 ½ tsp. of the cheese mixture into each pepper half. Do not over stuff! The cheese will puff up and if they are over stuffed, the cheese will run out and burn. Each pepper should be half full of cheese.
- Cut your 12 strips of bacon in half. To avoid using toothpicks you should make sure to start and end each wrap with the ends of the bacon on the bottom side of your pepper halves. Starting at the top hold one end of the bacon under the pepper then, as you wrap, pull your bacon piece, streching it as much as you can without tearing or breaking it.
- Once each pepper is wrapped, place your freezer bag flat on a cookie sheet, and line up your poppers inside, making sure they do not touch. Seal your bag for at least the first couple hours freeze your poppers flat on the cookie sheet. Once frozen solid, you can move the bag in an upright position, allowing the poppers to touch.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a large, rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place your stuffed jalapeños on top of a wire rack over the parchment paper.
- Bake both pans at once for 20-25 minutes, just until bacon is crispy/chewy.
- When done transfer to plate lined with paper towel . Now go hide in the bedroom and lock the door, because you are not going to want to share!