Matcha Cookie Christmas Tree Stacks Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar, to top
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 10 whole almonds, to top
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, matcha, and sugar until fluffy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until no clumps remain.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough in half or quarters and roll out to about ⅙ – ¼ inch thickness. Cut out stars or snowflakes in graduated shapes- 2 large, 2 medium, 3 small, and 2 tiny per stack.
- Bake each batch for 7 minutes, or until the edges are settled but the top is still puffed and not set. Let cool completely on the tray before handling, about 10 minutes. Continue until all of the cookies have been baked.
- Stack the cookies into the Christmas trees and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir well and heat again for another 20 seconds. Stir until all of the white chocolate has melted. Using a spoon, drop a small bit of white chocolate on the top of a Christmas tree cookie stack and place an almond in the center. Repeat for all of the cookie stacks.
- Wrap in cellophane or serve immediately.