- 8 -10medium idaho russet potatoes
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 2tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2cup blue bonnet margarine
- parsley flakes, to top
- Peel, cut up and boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain water and put potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine, sour cream and milk.
- Use an electric mixer and mix until desired consistency.
- The KEY here is to add salt and pepper to taste.
- You might add anywhere from a teaspoon to several tablespoons of salt, just depending on how much you like salt.
- Pepper is the same way, although use it more sparingly.
- Just remember to add a little at a time, until you get it where you like it.
- Once that is done, I usually put a couple of pats of margarine on top of the finished potatoes to let it melt.
- Then sprinkle parsley over it.
- This will make the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever found anywhere.