Irish Soda Bread
- 3 1⁄2cups flour
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1pint sour cream
- 2tablespoons caraway seeds(optional but I always use them)
- 3⁄4cup raisins
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and stir in sour cream.
- Add the egg and sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Add the raisins and caraway seeds and stir well with wooden spoon or knead in with your hands.
- Place batter in a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Dust the top with enough flour so that you can pat the batter like a bread dough evenly in the pan without it sticking to your hands.
- With a knife make a shallow crisscross on the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven.