Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 2 cups sweet Vidalia or yellow onions, peeled and diced small (about 1 large onion)
- one 20-ounce bag hashbrowns (I prefer refrigerated or thaw if using frozen)
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- about 20 Johnsonville Classic Italian Style Meatballs, thawed (about 1 pound meatballs; 1 pound de-cased Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links or Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Ground Sausage may be substituted)
- about 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, seeded and diced small, optional for garnishing (I used a combination of red and yellow peppers)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely minced (stems discarded), optional for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, onions, and sauté for about 8 minutes over medium-high heat, or until onions are lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently.
- Add the hash browns, and a bit more olive oil if necessary, and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until hash browns are cooked through and lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. Stir intermittently.
- Add the meatballs, and sauté for 1 minute, or until meatballs are warmed through. Stir intermittently.
- Turn the heat to low, add the eggs evenly spaced around the skillet, and cook covered for about 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are as set as desired. Note that the eggs will continue to cook and firm up off the heat so if you like runny yolks, err on the side of less cooking time.
- Optionally garnish with the peppers, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh.