Easy Bavarian Cream Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. fine sea salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ Cup whipping cream
- In a medium sauce pan, mix your sugar, flour and salt with a whisk. Gradually add the milk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks and add to the pan. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick and has the consistency of pudding.
- Take off heat and add butter and vanilla to the pan, stirring until well combined and butter is melted. Cool completely. I put mine in the fridge to help speed up the cooling process.
- You have just created a vanilla custard. This is heavenly on it’s own, but to give it a Bavarian cream texture it needs to be a little lighter in texture. We do this by taking a ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, whipping it until soft peaks form and gently folding the whipped cream into the custard mixture.
- Place into a piping bag to be used in the cream puffs.