Creamy Pesto Pasta with Chicken & Broccoli
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta $0.63
- 8 oz. frozen broccoli florets $1.15
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $0.16
- 1 large (3/4 lb.) chicken breast** $1.50
- ⅓ cup basil pesto $1.00
- ½ cup chicken broth** $0.07
- 4 oz. cream cheese $0.50
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Once it reaches a full boil, add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is tender (7-10 minutes). Once the pasta is tender, add the frozen broccoli florets to the water with the pasta and continue to cook for 60 seconds. Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice the chicken breast. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the sliced chicken, and sauté until it is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- Add the pesto and chicken broth to the skillet. Stir to combine and allow it to come up to a simmer. Add the cream cheese in chunks and whisk it into the hot liquid until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and broccoli to the skillet and stir to coat it in the cream sauce.