Chicken (or Turkey) Green Chile Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey $3.50
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chiles (like Rotel) $0.99
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles $1.19
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese $1.23
- ¼ bunch cilantro $0.22
- 10 (6 inch) tortillas $1.79
- 1 batch homemade enchilada sauce $0.80
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the cooked chicken (or turkey) with the diced tomatoes (drained), green chiles, monterrey jack, and roughly chopped cilantro. Stir until well combined.
- Fill each tortilla with about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture, roll it into a cigar shape, then place in a casserole dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Once all of the enchiladas are in the casserole dish, pour enchilada sauce over top until even covered (you may not need all of the sauce). Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.