Cheesy Alice Springs Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 medium uncooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups THINLY sliced mushrooms (about 4 mushrooms)
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cilantro garnish (optional)
Honey Dijon Marinade/Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk Honey Dijon Marinade/Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add two tablespoons Marinade to a freezer bag along with chicken. Marinate 30 minutes – 8 hours. (optional)* Refrigerate unused Honey Dijon Sauce separately.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through. Stir in one tablespoon reserved Honey Dijon Sauce. Set aside.
- Microwave cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until completely smooth. Whisk in 2 tablespoons Honey Dijon Sauce. Spread this Honey Dijon Cream Cheese evenly over each half of French Bread. Evenly top with mushrooms, followed by chicken, then cheeses and finally top with bacon.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Drizzle each French Bread with any remaining Honey Dijon Sauce. Garnish with cilantro if desired.