Caramel Apple Rings
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel topping, (I use Smucker’s)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine apple pie filling, melted butter, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Set aside.
- Cover two large, flat cookie sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Divide one can of crescent rolls into eight triangles. Form triangles into a sunburst. (See photo.) Press dough together at bases of triangles. Repeat with other can of crescent rolls.
- Spoon half of pie filling onto each dough ring, around the center hole. Drizzle pie filling with caramel topping. I use about three tablespoons of caramel for each apple ring.
- Fold points of rolls over the filling, tucking under the wide parts of triangles. Wipe away any excess caramel with paper towels.
- Bake until rolls are brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over apple rings.
- If you prefer, omit powdered sugar glaze and serve apple ring hot, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some of the remaining caramel topping.
- To tranfer apple rings to serving dishes, use two large spatulas.